The Face Shop Mask Sheets Review and Comparison
Hello everyone! I am here with a comprehensive post on THE FACE SHOP mask sheets. I have only used three types of mask sheets until now and I will be discussing those three masksheet lines in detail. So the three masksheet types I have tried are:
The Face Shop Real nature masks
- The Face Shop Essential masksheets
- The unbleached cotton masksheets (not the actual name of the line but the name is not available on the packaging or the website so I am referring to them with their unique attribute)
Watch the video:
See my haul post for details of the deals I got on these products.
Real Nature masks
The Face Shop Real Nature masks:
I had seen Pumpkin, Olive and Raspberry face masks a few months ago too but they do not seem to be available right now in the stores but are listed on The Face Shop International website
Price: 1000 KRW (~ 1$) | Buy Online
- The key ingredient is listed at 3rd or 4th place in the Ingredient list after Water, Glycerin and/or Butylene Glycol.
- The essence is quite thin and it absorbs easily into the skin.
- Some mask sheets are better than the other despite similar formulation (except for the active ingredient).
- Common ingredients of note in the mask sheets: Phaseolus Radiatus Extract (Mung bean), Betula Platyphylla Japonica Bark Extract (Japanese White Birch), Rumex Crispus Root extract (Curly/yellow dock)
- Some sheet masks also contain Sodium Hyaluronate and Limonene (which are good for the skin)
- The mask sheets contain fragrance.
- These mask sheets contain parabens.
Blueberry mask sheet was my first in the Real nature mask sheets and I loved it. I have liked others, green tea is my second favorite while Bamboo mask was my least preferred mask.
Collective Rating: 4.25/5 (I deducted points because of parabens and fragrance)
The Face Shop Essential masksheets:
Price: 1000 KRW
I have tried the Collagen and pearl essential masksheet and neither of these really impressed me.
They did not do anything special to my skin. I felt like these were a bit drying on the skin and when I checked the ingredient list, I found more than 2 types of alcohols in the list. I have dry skin so I prefer moisturizing products.
Collective Rating: 3/5
Unbleached cotton masksheets
The Face Shop Unbleached Cotton masksheets:
- Mango Seed (Read my review)
- Chia Seed (Read my review)
- Black Seed (not in stores now but available on the international website, is meant for men)
Price: 2000 KRW
A little more expensive than the Real Nature and essential masksheets, these masksheets are unbleached cotton which are meant to be better for the skin. These masksheets are scented, do not contain parabens or alcohols and look a little off-white compared to the bleached mask sheets. These masksheets are however, fragranced (and the Chia Seed mask did not smell good). Within 15-20 minutes of applying this on the mask sheet on the face, it starts losing its moisture signaling the time to remove it. The essence works pretty much the same.
Collective Rating: 4.5/5
FTC: Contains affiliate links
Buy The Face Shop masks online
I absolutely loved the Blueberry Real Nature mask sheet while the MANGO SEED face mask is hands down the best out of all of the face masks discussed in here. I am yet to try the more expensive face masks form The Face Shop and I will keep you updated on how that adventure turns out!
Stay tuned for more reviews – I am also planning to review my Holika Holika, Missha and Etude House face masks soon and do a comparison!
Which face masks do you prefer? What are your favorite skin care products?