Hi everyone! I have never done a EOTD post before but I do plan on starting a series of makeup posts. I am still an amateur in my opinion and I do not use makeup everyday so this will definitely be a challenge. But maybe I can post my makeup of the day when I wear it, which happens 2-4 times a week. I do not fear going out without makeup, but I love looking glam when I step outside so this will be fun!
So today was my husband’s birthday and I decided to get ready as well as I could for dinner in an hour and a half. It was really cold so I decided to wear a Blue and White stripe top with jeans rather than a dress. For my makeup, I decided to focus on my eyes and do a blue and white smokey eye makeup. So let’s get started!
Disclaimer: I am an amateur and you do not need to use the exact products I use! This is just an eye look.
Step 1: Apply eyeshadow base lightly on the eyelids upto the browbone.
Step 2: Apply a white base on the eyelid followed by White eyeshadow.
Step 3: Using a dense brush (I used the tip of an eyeshadow brush) create an outer V on the eyelid with a dark blue eyeshadow.
Step 4: Using a blender brush, blend out the harsh edges to create a smokey eye.
Step 5: And apply a black eyeliner (Etude House O my eye liner). Top it off lightly with the blue eyeshadow. If you have a blue eyeliner or like black liner, skip this step. Apply a blue eyeliner on your water liner. And dab a bit of the blue shadow near the waterline to open up your eyes and create a more smokey effect.
Step 6: Curl your lashes and apply mascara. Apply false eyelashes.
- Missha Eyeshadow Base in Beige
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in #608 Cottage Cheese
- Missha White Eyeshadow in GWH01
- Missha Blue Eyeshadow GBL03
- Etude House Oh~ m’ Eye liner (Black)
- The Face Shop Make Me A Star Waterproof gel liner in 03 (blue)
- Maybelline Lashionista Mascara
- The Face Shop Daily Beauty Tools Eyelashes in #06
Face products used (not included in the tutorial):
- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (20 Beige)
- Etude House Surprise Essence Concealer (#2)
- Missha M Sheer Mineral Powder Foundation in #23
- Etude House Secret Beam Highlighter (White)
- Maybelline New York Lashionista Endless Length Obsession
- Etude House Soft Touch Auto lipliner (tag scratched 🙁 )
- Etude house Dear My Blooming Lips Talk (PK015)
- Etude house Dear My Crystal Gloss in CRD301
While writing this post I can see many areas of improvement. I hope to do even better makeup photo tutorials on this blog in the coming days. Do you like doing smokey eye?