I had been eagerly waiting for the launch of the 2014 Holiday collection by Estée Lauder. The main reason behind this was my experience with two of their holiday collection in the past – Year 2010 (Glamour is Golden Collection) and 2013 (Makeup Artist professional Color Collection). I somehow missed the day this was released but I finally found it on their website – www.esteelauder.com
The Estée Lauder Luxe Color Collection is available for 59.50 USD with a purchase of any Estee Lauder fragrance (50 ml or more). The collection contains products worth 350$ according to the brand.
At first glance, I was quite excited about this collection and really wanted to get my hands on it. But after reading all the details and seeing the list of the products included, I am not 100% sure if I want to invest in this collection. I will explain my reasons later but let me first list everything that is included in this collection.
Estée Lauder Luxe Color Collection contents:
- Deluxe Eye and Cheek Palette with 12 Eyeshadows and 2 Blushes, plus an Eyeliner
- 3 Full-Size Lipsticks
- Lip Gloss Compact Trio
- 1 Pure Color Nail Lacquer
- Sumptuous Extreme Mascara (full-size)
- Gentle Eye Makeup Remover (full-size)
- Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II
- Revitalizing Supreme Global Anti-Aging Creme
- 2 Modern Muse (EdP) Travel Sprays
- Slim Cosmetic Case (Gold)
- Satin Makeup Train case (Navy)
- Makeup Look cards/booklet
* I have seen a little variation in shades (especially blushes and lipsticks) between the European, Asian and American versions in the past so do keep that in mind!
Shades in the Estée Lauder Luxe Color Limited Edition collection:
Pure Color Eyeshadows: Sugar Cube, Sugar Biscuit, Riviera Rose, Ivory Slipper, Tempting Mocha, Lilac Whimsy, Hot Cinnamon, Nude Fresco, Wild Truffle, Amethyst Spark, Lavish Mink and Chocolate Bliss
Pure Color Blushes: Alluring Rose, Sensuous Rose
Pure Color Long Lasting Lipsticks: Sugar Honey, Candy, Bois de Rose
Pure Color Lip Gloss: Pink Innocence, Magnificent Mauve, Orchid Passion
Pure Color Nail Lacquer: Fallen Angel
Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara: Extreme Black
Pure Color Intense Kajal Eyeliner: Blackened Black
I love the packaging of this collection just like I did in the past and the collection looks lovely but I am a bit underwhelmed this time since:
– I have most of the eyeshadow shades included in this collection (from my 2013 set)
– I have already tried 1 lipstick (in the past) out of 3 (Read my review of the Pure Color lipstick 18 Bois de Rose)
– I am not a huge fan of lip gloss, much less in compact form
– I did not enjoy the Gentle Eye makeup remover and usually prefer using cleansing oils or balms (Read the review of Take it Away Gentle Eye and Lip Makeup Remover)
– I have too many black pencil liners!
I am not yet able to justify buying this collection but I am tempted because of the beautiful blushes and also because I really want to try the Sumptuous Extreme Mascara, Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II and the Revitalizing Supreme Global Anti-Aging Creme. The train case also looks tempting 😉
If I had not already accumulated so much of Estee Lauder stuff already, I would have bought this set in a heartbeat. It is such a steal for the quality and price of the set. But…. Are you tempted to try this out? Are you crazy about Holiday gift sets and makeup collections released this time of the year too?