As I have mentioned in my The Face Shop Vita B mask review, I have been on a hydrogel mask spree and since I have quite a collection of these masks, you will see more mask reviews in the coming days. Another hydrogel mask that I used recently is the Etude House Skin Note Hydro gel mask – Deep Moisturizing. I have really enjoyed Etude House face masks in the past so I expected to like this one too. Read on to find out if this one worked for me!
Product: Etude House Skin Note Deep Moisturizing Hydrogel Mask
Claim: This is a Hydrogel Mask with Hyaluronic Acid (Sodium Hyaluronate) and Seaweed extract (Jania Rubens Extract), quenching dry and thirsty skin with its burst of deep, long-lasting hydration.
Quantity: 25 g
Price: 2500 KRW (~ 2.5$)
How to Use:
- Cleanse and Tone face.
- Remove mask from pouch, unfold and remove upper and bottom films on both sides of mask.
- Adhere transparent film-removed side of mask to face.
- Leave on for 20~30 minutes.
- Remove mask and massage remaining solution into the skin by lightly tapping with hands.
Etude House Skin Note Hydrogel masks:
- Deep Moisturizing – This is a Hydrogel Mask with Hyaluronic acid (Sodium Hyaluronate) and Seaweed extract (Jania Rubens Extract), quenching dry and thirsty skin with its burst of deep, long-lasting hydration.
- Lifting Up – This is a Hydrogel Mask with Collagen and Royal Jelly extract, snugly hugging the face to provide elastic and bouncy skin with its special ingredients.
- Brightening – This is a Hydrogel Mask with Pearl extract (Pearl Powder) and Vitamin C (Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate), snugly hugging the face to provide a movie star’s glowing complexion with bright and radiant skin.
- Pore Tightening – This is a Hydrogel Mask containing Morocco Clay (Moroccan lava clay) and unripe apple (Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract), snugly hugging the face to tighten and clear up pores for smooth skin.
- Calming Face – This is a Hydrogel Mask containing Aloe and Glacial water, snugly hugging the face to soothe and freshen up exhausted and irritated skin.
Ingredients: WATER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, CERATONIA SILIQUA GUM, CHONDRUS CRISPUS (CARRAGEENAN), PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, POLYACRYLATE-13, POLYISOBUTENE, POLYSORBATE 20, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ALLANTOIN, CELLULOSE GUM, SODIUM POLYACRYLATE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, GARDENIA FLORIDA FRUIT EXTRACT, DISODIUM EDTA, POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, JANIA RUBENS EXTRACT, FRAGRANCE
I picked up the Etude House Skin Note face mask around the time they released Magic Any Cushion. I had totally forgotten about this mask until the day I start my Spring cleaning session and found this in a box I had mistaken for an empty handy cam box.
I used this face mask at night and followed the instructions to cleanse and tone face before removing the mask from the plastic films and placing it on my face. Unlike The Face Shop hydrogel masks, this one had a lot of essence dripping from it so the mask was slippery and also did not adhere to the skin as easily as the one from The Face Shop.
This face mask comes in two piece, like other Hydro gel masks. And it will be a little too big for small faces, it did not fit my face really well especially around the nose and cheek area. I kept the mask for about 30 minutes and then tapped lightly with my hands to make the essence seep into my skin.
The hydro gel masks are really cooling so I enjoyed using this one since it is really hot in Bangalore right now. The essence was really moisturizing and my skin felt supple and moisturized. The effect lasted for a couple of days on my dry skin.
I really like hydrogel masks now, more than the fabric mask sheets I have used in the past. These are double the price of fabric masksheets but a total investment for they make my skin feel and look. I do not use or recommend using face masks everyday. They work well if used every 2-3 days. I used to use one every week but have increased the frequency these days to 2 or sometimes 3. I would have liked this mask better if was free of artificial fragrance. However, it is paraben free ad also contains fewer drying agents than cotton mask sheets!
Have you tried the Etude House Skin Note Deep Moisturizing hydrogel mask? WHich are your favorite face masks?