Everyday Red Lips Makeup Look, Tutorial
Hi everyone, today I bring you a makeup look with red lips as the focal point of the look. I used to be obsessed with pink lipsticks but lately red and orange lipsticks have grown on me. I am lovig them to create various makeup looks. You might have seen me wearing red lipstick (red lip pencil to be exact) in a recent makeup tutorial – Everyday Gorgeous Makeup Look. Here is another one I created to feature the Sugar Cosmetics It’s A-pout time vivid lipstick that I received in my FabBag this month. I want to do more How to makeup looks so here is my version of the How To Wear Red Lips Makeup Tutorial.
Let’s get started!
Everyday Red Lips Makeup Look Step-by-step tutorial:
- Apply a medium coverage BB cream to even out the skintone. Start by applying the BB cream from the centre of face blending outwards. I have been loving my Pond’s White Beauty BB+ cream for my everyday makeup. It looks very natural and evens out my skin beautifully.
- Cover any major blemishes with a concealer. I skipped this step simply because I was in a hurry. I applied another layer of BB cream on my dark circles to make them appear lighter.
- Set your base makeup with a light powder. I am obsessed with the Etude House Baby Sweet Sugar Powder.
- Highlight your cheekbones and also apply it lightly on the browbone. I used the Innisfree Glow Stick (Beige) for this purpose. Since I blended this highlighter with my finger, I ran the left over from my finger over my eyelids.
- Define your cheekbones with a light bronzer. My favorite at the moment for contouring is the Benefit Hoola Bronzer!
- Define the brows and them brush them into shape. I have two products in rotation for my eyebrows – The Face Shop Design My Eyebrow pencil (o3) and Maybelline Fashion Brow Duo Shaper (Brown). For this look I chose the Maybelline one!
- Create a winged eyeliner using liquid or gel eyeliner. Black looks gorgeous on medium skintones like ours so I went for the Oriflame Pure Colour Eyeliner.
- A n*de eyeliner works wonder on the waterline to open up the eyes. I used the Misslyn Skin Corrector 3. It is actually a skin corrector, supposed to be used as concealer on spots but I have always used this for eyes. It looks very natural on my waterline!
- Curl your lashes and apply two coats of your favorite mascara. I think you have seen my Maybelline the Falsies Volum’ Express Waterproof Mascara (Black) featured in many of my recent makeup look tutorials! It is on its last leg 😉
- Finish off with a red lipstick suitable for your skintone. For Indian skin tone, (I am NC35) I love the look of the Sugar Cosmetics It’s A-pout time! Vivid lipstick – 04 Coraline in the City. It is not deep red so works great for the daytime look as well. Such warm colours always work for indian skintone
Makeup Products used for the Everyday Red Lips Makeup Look:
Pond’s White Beauty BB+ cream
Innisfree Glow Stick (Beige)
Oriflame Pure Colour Eyeliner
Maybelline Fashion Brow Duo Shaper – Brown
Misslyn Skin Corrector 3
Etude House Baby Sweet Sugar Powder
Benefit Hoola bronzer
Maybelline the Falsies Volum’ Express Waterproof Mascara (Black)
Sugar Cosmetics It’s A-pout time! Vivid lipstick – 04 Coraline in the City
I love how this everyday red lips makeup look turned out! I went out to a nearby mall for grocery shopping wearing this (haha!) What do you think of this makeup look? Comment below!