Hello everyone, today I am going to review The Face Shop Chia Seed face mask. I was really impressed with the Mango Seed face mask so I had high expectations from the Chia Seed face mask as well. Both of these are the face mask sheets claiming to be made of unbleached organic cotton besides being paraben-free. So let’s go in depth and find if this is a good one by The Face Shop or not. (See The Face Shop haul here)
Product: The Face Shop Chia Seed Hydrating Mask Sheet
Claim: The moisture mask sheet consists of gel-type essence containing chia seed extract, which has 10 times more moisture than any other element, filling up your skin with water from the inside and transforming it into moisturized skin.
- 100% organic, 100% pure cotton, and 0% bleach – this is a mild, environment-friendly sheet that richly delivers essence into your skin. Does not use bleach so you can feel the natural textures of cotton and cotton seed.
- Formula without 7 additives (sulfate, mineral oil, alcohol, artificial coloring, animal-sourced ingredients, triethanolamine, benzophenone)
Directions of Use:
- Pull out a sheet.
- Unfold and place a sheet on a clean face after cleansing and toner stages.
- Remove the sheet after 15~20 minutes and let the residue get absorbed deep in the skin.
* It does contain fragrance.
This mask sheet is pure unbleached cotton filled with essence and like the Mango Seed face mask, it looked a bit pale than the snow white color I ahve seen the bleached cotton face mask sheet to have in addition to drying out sooner than the other mask sheets I have used.
My skin felt really hydrated and a couple of dry spots around my mouth disappeared in the morning. My only probem is that even though it does have added fragrance, it smelled bad. I mean if someone is adding fragrance, why not make it pleasant!
I loved using the unbleached mask sheet – Mango Seed and Chia Seed – this week and I think that there is a slight difference in how they work even though both of them moisturized my skin as much as any other (bleached) The Face Shop mask sheets. I really like it the at these are mineral oil, paraben-free and also that the ingredient list is relatively small. Even for 2000 KRW price (1000KRW for bleached real nature mask sheets) , I think these are worth giving a try especially for people with sensitive skin.
Have you used Face Mask Sheets from Korean brands? Which face masks do you like?