Hi everyone, festive season is upon us and I have decided to do a few makeup looks that can be worn this season. The first look I created with this makeup series in mind is the Glitter and Fuscia look. I love glitter and I love pink, put them together and it gives a beautiful look that is easy to create but looks extremely gorgeous.
Festive Makeup Look
One of the main things to keep in mind when creating festive looks is that the makeup should add to the outfit and not take away from it or clash with it. I like to keep it all in same color family especially when it comes to lipstick and blush! I also keep them in the same category as my outfit so cool toned makeup with cool-toned outfits and vice-versa. Here is was wearing a blue dress from 109F so I kept my makeup cool toned.
- Apply an eyeshadow primer all over the eyelid and then cover with a neutral matte eyeshadow. I used the L’Oreal Mat Magique powder since it matches my skintone perfectly.
- Apply a pearly white highlight on my browbone.
- Apply a metallic glitter-y eyeshadow all over the eyelid. Since I have semi-hooded eyes, I decided to keep the glitter up and into the crease. I skipped defining the crease and outer V with another shade to avoid taking this look into the smoky eye category. Plus I wanted to keep this similar to that of Blake Lively. I used the Pressed pigment 03 by Aritaum, it is similar to L’Oreal Paris Infallible eyeshadows.
- Apply a thick black eyeliner boldly winged out to define the eyes and also define the waterline. I used the L’Oreal Paris Kajal Magique and Maybelline the Colossal Liner.
- Define the brows well to help define the features more. I used the Maybelline Fashion Brow Duo Shaper.
- Curl the lashes and apply two coats of mascara. I have tiny lashes so I like using lengthening mascara, here I used the Dior DiorShow Iconic Overcurl mascara.
- To open up the eyes even more and make this look more glaoumrous add flutter-y lashes like these Princess Lashes from Etude House (I will be reviewing them soon)
- Use a foundation that matches your skintone to even it out and then apply concealer to any areas that might need a bit of help. I used MAC Pro Longwear foundation and Missha SignatureExtreme Cover Concealer.
- Apply a powder to set the foundation and concealer. I used the L’Oreal Paris Mat Magique just on my T Zone and under eye area.
- Apply a bronzer under the cheekbones to create a chiselled look. I used Benefit Hoola bronzer.
- Apply a cool toned blush to the apples of the cheeks and blend well. I used the Lolli Pop lip & cheek tint from Aritaum which is visibly similar to the Benefit Lolli Tint.
- Apply a statement lipstick like this brilliant shade, 420 Stronger, from the Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Matte Sculpting lipstick range.
That is the complete look and it took me about 15 minutes to create this whole look which is pretty fast for festive makeup!
Products used for the Glitter and Fuscia festive makeup look:
MAC Pro Longwear Foundation – NC35
Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Matte Sculpting lipstick – 420 Stronger
Benefit Hoola Bronzer
Missha Signature Extreme Cover Concealer – 23 Natural Beige
L’Oreal Paris Mat Matte Transforming Powder – Golden Ivory
L’Oreal Paris Kajal Magique
Maybelline the Colossal Liner
Maybelline Fashion Brow Duo Shaper – Brown
Aritaum Lolli Pop (lip and cheek tint)
Aritaum Pressed Pigment 03
Dior Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara – Black
Etude House Princess Lashes – 03 Volume
I hope you liked this festive makeup look. It is actually my go to party makeup look since it is easy to create and works with both traditional and Western outfits. Share your favorite festive makeup looks in the comments below!