Makeup Basics – How To Apply Foundation Using a Makeup Sponge / Beauty Blender
Hi everyone, I am back from my vacation. I have been gone for over 12 days but had some posts and videos for the first 5 days to stay connected with you. But I got really sick while I was in Kashmir and had a tough time travelling back and also visiting my family in Chandigarh. I came back to Delhi last night and am still struggling to keep everything under control. Housework is now in order so I am now slowly getting back to my work routine. Today I edited and shared my video on how to apply liquid foundation using a makeup sponge / Beauty Blender. I had filmed it before going to Kashmir but did not get to edit it then. Anyway, I thought of sharing the video on my blog since I think the right way of using a makeup tool greatly enhances the way makeup looks.
Subscribe to my YT channel (direct link): http://goo.gl/wYA3v8
Makeup Basics: How to Apply Liquid Foundation using a Beauty Blender Tutorial
Here is how to apply liquid foundation using a beauty blender:
- Pump out adequate amount of the foundation on the back of your hand.
- If you are using a foundation with thin consistency, then dot it all over the face before blending it in with a makeup sponge. This way there is reduction in product wastage since water-y foundations get absorbed in the sponge. But if you are using a creamy foundation (like I did in this video), you can directly apply it on the face using the beauty blender sponge.
- Dab the circular base of the beauty blender all over the face concentrating on blending it all in completely until it looks even.
- Apply a little on the neck as well as ears to make the whole foundation look natural.
- If required, set the foundation with a powder and then proceed with the rest of the makeup!
Makeup Products I’m wearing in this video:
Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation
Benefit Hoola Bronzer
MAC Select Cover Up
The Face Shop Design My Eyebrow pencil
MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation
Innisfree Mineral Glow Stick
Oriflame The One High Impact Eyeliner – Plum
The Body Shop Metallic Eye Definer – Burnished Amber
Chanel Rouge Allure 40 Prodigious
Maybelline the Falsies Volum’ Express Mascara – Waterproof
You can also check out my tutorial on How to Apply Foundation using A Buffing Brush.
I hope you found this makeup basics tutorial helpful. Please leave comments below for what other makeup basics you would like me to cover in this series!