Plus Size Fashion: MAXImum Comfort, Maximum Style (OOTD, FOTD)
Hi everyone, today I am going to share an outfit I put together for a casual meeting. Even though meetings call for formal attire, I am in an industry where I can be a bit more relaxed and experimental with my outfits. I have not been feeling well already so to beat the heat I wanted to wear something soft, airy, comfortable and YET stylish. But if you are a plus-size girl you know how these requirements can usually steer themselves towards baggy and frumpy (the struggle is real!) However, I think I managed to create the right balance with this White and Navy Chevron print Maxi skirt.
I wanted to wear muted colors so I paired it with a plain black georgette blouse. This blouse helped enhance the feminine touch to the outfit. Since the skirt and the blouse had flowy soft fabrics, I decided to add some structure with a simple black broad belt. It looked better when I tucked the blouse in the skirt. If all the parts of an outfit have a comfortable fit, the whole thing can look a little bit frumpy and baggy so this belt added the much need structure by giving me a defined waist.
I have been loving accessorizing these days with statement earrings since necklaces feel to heavy in this scorching heat so I paired this outfit with my favorite earrings. I got these way back in 2010 as a gift from my husband and I still love them. After being on an overdose of stack-able bracelets, I gave my wrist a bit of rest and only wore my O.N.E watch. This one also has been with me since 2010, I just got its black leather strap replaced by a lightweight silver chain. To keep the whole outfit in one metallic color family – silver – I paired my silver flat sandals to complete this outfit.
I added a bum-pit to the crown area and then put my hair in a simple low chignon. I feel like it added to the simple and yet classy look of the outfit!
Black Blouse: H&M
White and Navy Chevron Print Maxi Skirt: L.O.V (Westside)
Silver Flat Sandals: Limeroad
Accessories: O.N.E (watch), Accessorize (Earrings and Rings)
Keeping the whole simple and girly outfit in mind, I created a dewy makeup look with statement lips.
- First thing I did was to concealer my under eye area and then set the concealer. So I used The Body Shop Insta Blur Eye Tinted Conealer + Primer all over my eyelid and under eye area. I followed it by Benefit Erase paste on the under eye area and set it using L’Oreal Paris Mat Magique Powder.
- Then I applied the light weight dewy finish foundation all over my face – Za Perfect Fit Liquid Foundation
- For bringing light to the eyes, I used a shimmery cream shadow from Etude House – Look At My Eyes Icing BR401 Caramel Icing.
- Since I was going for a dewy face look, I used a matte shade as my browbone highlighter – Etude House Look At My Eye Cafe BE102 Honey Milk.
- To make my eyes appear larger and brighter, I used The Body Shop Eye Definer Shade 18 Moonstone. It is champagne shade with gold shimmer.
- To define my eyes, I then used Oriflame The One High Impact Eye Pencil in Deep Plum. It is colorful and yet muted enough so it adds some drama to the makeup look without looking overwhelming. I then curled my lashes and followed it up with the Maybelline the Magnum Super Film Volum’ Express Mascara.
- I filled in my brows using my new eyebrow pencil – Etude House Drawing Eye Brow and finished the whole look with a neon pink lipstick – Colorbar Take Me As I Am Lipcolor – 011 Tango Pink!
Makeup products used:
Za Perfect Fit Liquid Foundation – OC20
The Body Shop Instablur Eye Tinted Concealer + Primer
L’Oreal Paris Mat Magique All In One Matte Transforming Powder – G2
Benefit Erase Paste – No. 2 Medium
Etude House Look At My Eyes Icing – BR401 Caramel Icing
Etude House Look At My Eyes Cafe – BE102 Honey Milk
The Body Shop Eye Definer Shade – 18 Moonstone
Oriflame The One High Impact Eye Pencil – Deep Plum
Etude House Drawing Eye Brow #1
Maybelline the Magnum Super Film Volum’ Express Mascara (Washable) – Black
Colorbar Take Me As I Am Lipcolor – 011 Tango Pink
Well that is my complete look with the outfit and makeup details. And I hope you liked it. I plan to do more outfits and makeup posts in the future.
What would you like to see more on the blog? Comment below!