People are becoming more and more health conscious these days and the nutrition market is thriving with several nutritional and dietary supplements. The most famed of these are the protein supplements such as whey proteins.
With almost 70% of the Indians lacking in protein, there are many brands that have come up with protein supplements to meet the rising demand. However, most people find it tough to figure out which one is the best for them.
Though all protein supplement manufacturing companies claim that their products are the best, it is not the case. Some products are high on sugar or sucralose while others may contain protein from sources like soy which act as an allergen. Some of them might also be made out of inferior quality ingredients.
On my quest for the perfect protein supplement for me, something that gives more than just protein, I stumbled upon OZiva Protein & Herbs shake.
A quick 1-minute analysis helped me figure out that it has high quality whey protein blended with ayurvedic herbs and essential vitamins & minerals.
Here’s all that you need to know about OZiva’s Protein & Herbs shake:
High Quality Protein- It is easily one of the healthy and wholesome protein rich food option that one can have for a power-packed breakfast or post workout. It gives more than 30 gm of protein per scoop when taken with milk & the source used in one variant is Whey Protein.
Blended with Ayurvedic Herbs – The protein in the Oziva Protein and Herb supplement is enriched with an ayurvedic herbal blend. With the choicest herbs ranging from Shatavari (for hormonal balance and vitality), Ashwagandha(for stress release), and Tulsi (for purification) to Green Tea Extract (for antioxidants), Ginger (for better immunity) and Omega 3 (for its good fats), this product stands as an impressive choice for everyone.
Tastes Amazing – It’s Yummy and Tasty with its easy mixability and delicious cocoa flavour, it can be easily blended with absolutely anything from dark chocolate and oats to fruits and nuts. The result is deliciously indulgent yet healthy.
Quick to Prepare – Perfect on-the-go option when one is running short on time and needs a quick fix for a healthy meal! The Oziva protein and herbs can be used to prepare healthy meals fast.
Low in Sugar – Most importantly, this Protein & Herbs shake is low in sugar! If you are on a restricted diet, this shake will help you be on the right track.
Free Diet Consultation –The diet consultation is absolutely free with this product and it’s admirable that the brand has taken such a customer-friendly approach. You can have all of your doubts and queries answered easily.
Protein-rich Indian Vegetarian Recipes
1. Chocolate Chila
1.5 cup whole wheat flour
2-3 tbsp honey
A pinch of cooking soda
1 scoop OZiva Protein & Herbs powder
Cocoa powder 1/4th cup
1 tsp. vanilla essence
Salt a pinch
- Combine everything in a bowl, adding water little by little to make a homogenous mixture. The batter consistency should neither be too thin nor too thick.
- Heat a non stick pan/ tawa and add some oil. Take a ladle full of batter and spread it out in circular motion likewise a dosa. Sprinkle a few drops of oil on top.
- Cook until it is crispy golden and bubbles appear on top. Flip it and cook for a few seconds and your chila is ready to be served.
- Serve warm with a side of honey and yogurt dip or drizzle chocolate sauce on top.
2. No Bake High Protein Ladoos
1.5 cup rolled oats
1-1.5 scoops of OZiva Protein & Herbs protein powder
½ tsp of cinnamon powder
1 tbsp of chia or sesame seeds
1-2 tbsp of smooth peanut butter (or any nut butter)
2-3 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3rd cup dark chocolate chips or shaves or raisins
2-3 tbsp water/ milk (use as required)
- Mix together oats, protein powder, chia/ sesame seeds in a bowl.
- Add in peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract.
- Add in chocolate chips or raisins and mix everything well until the mixture appears sticky.
- Gradually add in water/ milk little at a time and combine together.
- Once mixed well, roll out the mix into small balls.
- Once small balls are ready, place them in a container and refrigerate for at least 20-40 minutes before consuming.