After using and reviewing The Face Shop Real Nature masks – Blueberry, Bamboo, Red Ginseng, Green Tea, Rice, Acaiberry, Honey, Cucumber and Mung Bean, I am back with YET ANOTHER face mask review! This time it is the Aloe masksheet. (Check out my haul post).
For details on The Face Shop face masks (Real Nature, Essentials and Seed masks), check out my video:
Product: The Face Shop Aloe Real Nature Mask
Claim: A soothing and hydrating mask sheet containing aloe extract, which hydrates and soothes the skin, providing instant care to sensitive skin.
- Wash face and apply toner.
- Pull out the mask and carefully place it on the face.
- Remove after 10-12 minutes and tap lightly to absorb the remaining essence into the skin.
Quantity: 22 g
Price: 1000 KRW
For the most part I now believe that all the basic masksheets from The Face Shop, Etude House, Holika Holika, Missha and other Korean brands basically only provide hydration to the skin in one use. For the skincare benefits like brightening, anti-wrinkle, whitening etc., they might be effective in the long term. But since I wanted to try out many, I usually buy one at a time! I have not started using the pricier – ampoule/serum masks which might be more potent and beneficial for the skin (according to the Sales Assistant).
There are a few properties that I am able to still find out in one use and that is why I review the masks after one use.
Moving on to The Face Shop Aloe Real Nature mask, I must say I expected it to be cooling to the skin and reduce the redness of the spots on my right cheek. It was cooling and helped soothe my dry skin but the redness (I don’t know what they are, they are not pimples) did not go away.
The mask does not smell very strong; and worked better than The Face Shop Cucumber mask! I would have liked it even more if it was paraben-free! I think it is suitable for all skintypes just like any Aloe based product. I am sure I will love using this in hot summer days to relax!
1. The fragrance is listed last in the ingredients list and I do think the mask is not heavily perfumed which is always a plus in my eyes for skincare products.
2. The other good thing is that Aloe (Aloe Barbadensis leaf) extract is third in the Ingredient list (after Aqua and Glycerin).
3. Important ingredients: Phaseolus Radiatus Extract (Mung bean), Betula Platyphylla Japonica Bark Extract (Japanese White Birch), Rumex Crispus Root extract (Curly/yellow dock)
Read my comprehensive review post for details where I have listed all the masksheets I got from The Face Shop (and links to the individual reviews). And I really hope that this review was helpful to you!
Do you like using face mask sheet? What are your favorite masksheets?