I am back with another face mask review: The Face Shop Bamboo Real Nature mask. I think I am on a roll with reviews. I have been using a lot of products (one per day) to test them out and review them here on the blog. I have used hand masks, nail mask caps (yup! that’s a thing too), face mask and eye patched in the past two weeks and reviewed them here. So let’s review the Bamboo face mask thoroughly!
Product: The Face Shop Real Nature Mask Bamboo
Claim: A hydrating & refreshing mask sheet containing bamboo extract to fill dehydrated skin with fresh hydration.
- Wash face and apply toner.
- Pull out the mask and carefully place it on the face.
- Remove after 10-12 minutes and tap lightly to absorb the remaining essence into the skin.
The Face Shop Bamboo Face Mask Review
The moment I opened the pack, I was unhappy with this face mask. Maybe since I loved the Blueberry Face mask so much that I have high expectations but still the fragrance was really off-putting. Since this face mask has fragrance in the ingredient list, I am wondering why didn’t they add a more pleasant scent?
The face mask moisturized my skin as well as any other The Face Shop face masks do but next morning, my skin was not as soft as it usually feels after applying a face mask.
Some key points:
1. The fragrance is listed last in the ingredients list and I do think the mask is not heavily perfumed which is always a plus in my eyes for skincare products. But the scent is not very pleasant. I think it is unnecessary to add fragrance to skin care products anyway
2. The good thing is that Bamboo extract is third in the Ingredient list (after Aqua, Glycerin). This makes the Bamboo the key ingredient, making this face mask more potent and effective.
3. Other important ingredients: Phaseolus Radiatus Extract (Mung bean), Betula Platyphylla Japonica Bark Extract (Japanese White Birch), Rumex Crispus Root extract (Curly/yellow dock)
4. It contains parabens.
I loved The Face Shop Blueberry mask Sheet (read review) a lot more than the Bamboo mask sheet. I will not be repurchasing this face mask because it smells weird (even though it has added fragrance), contains parabens and is not as moisturizing as many other The Face Shop face masks I have tried before.