Dry skin is normal during winter time for me and apart from the face, I used to try not to worry too much about the rest of my skin. But as the years progress, my hands are getting drier and drier 🙁 It might be because of the chores I do at home and the excessive hand wash that comes as a part of hygiene. So in 2013 I started looking out for more products for the body specifically hands. I tried hand masks, hand mask gloves, of course hand creams and recently nail packs! I saw them for the first time in my life in Korea and since I suffer from dry fingers and cuticles, I decided to give them a chance to prove their worth! So recently I tried out The Face Shop Face it Milk Calcium Nail pack.
The Face Shop international (English) website: [Go to Products -> Makeup -> Nails (Page 2)] http://international.thefaceshop.com/index.jsp
The Face Shop Face it Nail Pack line comes in three forms:
- Milk Calcium Nail Pack
- Lemon Brightening Nail Pack
- Paraffin Nutrition Nail Pack
Product: The Face Shop Face it Milk Calcium Nail Pack
Claim: An easy to use fingernail care pack that provides concentrated care on the fingernail and cuticle
- Just by putting on your fingers this nail mask provides concentrated care on your nails, something that you can now do anywhere at anytime.
- 3 different nail care products depending on your nail concern. Whether it is for brittle nails or dry nails etc you can choose the product that is just right for you!
How To Use:
- After washing your hands, take out the nail mask caps from the dual pouch and put the biggest sheet on your left thumb and the other 4 sheets on the rest of your fingers.
- Open the other pouch and do the same with the fingers of your other hand.
- Leave it on for 10 to 15minutes and massage the remaining product into fingers.
Last week I used The Face Shop Rich Hand Special Care Hand Mask and liked it so this week I tried out The Face Shop Face it Milk Calcium nail pack. When I looked at the packaging, it looked like the caps were only long enough to fit the nails and cuticles but to my surprise, the caps were long enough to cover more than 3/4 of my fingers. I really liked having the long caps since my knuckles get a bit dry too.
The nail pack caps are good size and can fit different sized fingers but somehow they sit around the nail perfectly (I don’t know if I am making any sense). Basically it touches the nails, cuticles and knuckles well hence moisturizing effectively.
After 15-20 minutes of keeping these on, I removed the caps and lightly massaged the essence into my skin. I think it made a huge difference. My nails looked nourished, my knuckles and cuticles were softer too. I liked this better than the Rich Hand Special Care Hand mask because the gloves of the hand mask were too big and did not fit my fingers well and hence did not moisturize as well as the nail mask.
Even though I think the nail masks are not absolutely necessary, they are good for a periodic nail care. These might especially be useful for people with very dry fingers and nails who are just looking for ways to start looking after their nails. I would not really need these in summer but these are quite handy to be used once in a while in winter! I would definitely try out the other The Face Shop nail packs.
Do you use hand masks or nail caps for hand care? What is your nail care routine?