Product: The Face Shop Real Nature Mask Kelp
Claim: A purifying mask sheet that contains kelp extracts helps enable a pure skin appearance.
Quantity: 25 ml
Price: 1000 KRW
- Wash face and apply toner.
- Pull out the mask and carefully place it on the face.
- Remove after 10-12 minutes and tap lightly to absorb the remaining essence into the skin.
* Read my comprehensive review post for details where I have listed all the masksheets I got from The Face Shop (and links to the individual reviews).
It is that time of the month for me (TMI?) and my skin is a little sensitive and there a few tiny red bumps on my face. I wanted to calm and soothe my skin and since I have already used up my Aloe, Green tea and Cucumber face masks, I had the option between Lemon and Kelp. I chose Kelp!
This is supposed to be a purifying mask sheet so I expected it to calm the red spots and also hydrate my skin as it was feeling very itchy. And it is really strange that for the past few months (since I started getting this problem) it happens on the right side of my face only. I have many theories but still it seems strange to me. I am trying to drink more water and it helps but I cannot eliminate it completely (any suggestions?)
When I applied the mask, it seemed soothing and cooling just like all The Face Shop masks do. It smelt a little but not very strong or gross so all is well. I kept it on for 17 minutes (yes I keep a tab on time) and then slept. When I woke up in the morning, the biggest spot had calmed down!
1. The fragrance is listed last in the ingredients list and I do think the mask is not heavily perfumed which is always a plus in my eyes for skincare products.
2. The other good thing is that Kelp extract (Laminara Japonica extract) is third in the Ingredient list (after Aqua and Glycerin). This makes the Kelp the key ingredient!
Other important ingredients: Phaseolus Radiatus Extract (Mung bean), Betula Platyphylla Japonica Bark Extract (Japanese White Birch), Rumex Crispus Root extract (Curly/yellow dock)
My only complaint is that these masks contain parabens and added fragrance! I would have liked the paraben-free and fragrance-free version of these!
For details on The Face Shop Real Nature, Essentials and Seed face masks, check out my video:
Check out my haul post, I got this mask with 19 other The Face Shop masks! It is an interesting small story so check it out if you want!