The Face Shop Mung Bean Real Nature Mask Review
I have been using face masks every 2-3 days since the beginning of this year. My skin is very dry usually but this year it has been less so thanks to the face mask sheets I have been using regularly. From Etude House, Holika Holika, Missha, Nature Republic to The Face Shop, I have used plenty of face masks of different kinds and price range. Since I have predominantly used The Face Shop face masks, I have also done a comprehensive review post on them. Check out my YT video about The Face Shop masksheets:
But for today, let’s focus on The Face Shop Real Nature Mung Bean mask!
Product: The Face Shop Real Nature Mask Mung Bean
Claim: A clarifying mask sheet containing mung bean extract, effective in purifying pores for a clean and smooth skin texture.
- Wash face and apply toner.
- Pull out the mask and carefully place it on the face.
- Remove after 10-12 minutes and tap lightly to absorb the remaining essence into the skin.
Price: 1000 KRW (~ 1$) | Buy Online
Review: My skin has gotten better now as it is not very cold in Seoul now. Compared to last year, the snowfall is non-existent and the temperature stays above Zero degreess Celsius on most days. It is windy but my skin is slowly coming back to normal state (for spring/summer). So having is better result from a face mask is expected!
The Face Shop Real Nature Mung Bean mask is more moisturizing to the skin in my opinion than clarifying (as claimed by them). The essence in the mask is thin ans it is very cooling to the skin. I sleep better on the night I apply a masksheet before going to sleep!
The smell (since the mask is scented) is very mild and I think that is quite apt since Mung beans don’t have a strong smell naturally. I kept this mask on for 16 minutes and then gently tapped the leftover essence into my skin. I also apply the essence on the masksheet on my hands, neck and elbows before disposing it.
I woke up with supple skin with very few dry spots remaining from the previous day. I liked this face mask as much as the Blueberry (my favorite) and Red Ginseng face masks.
1. The fragrance is listed last in the ingredients list and I do think the mask is not heavily perfumed which is always a plus in my eyes for skincare products.
2. The other good thing is that Phaseolus Radiatus Extract (Mung bean) is third in the Ingredient list (after Aqua and Glycerin). And some other important ingredients are Betula Platyphylla Japonica Bark Extract (Japanese White Birch), Rumex Crispus Root extract (Curly/yellow dock)
3. The mask contains parabens and fragrance 🙁
Buy The Face Shop masks online
Overall I think The Face Shop Real Nature Mung Bean mask is a good value for money and can be used 2-3 times a week to add some cereal nutrition directly to the skin. Since the essence contained in The Face Shop is not heavy, I think these face masksheets are suitable for all skin types!
Also read my detailed review of other face masks from The Face Shop Real Nature mask sheet range:
FTC: May contain affiliate links.
Have you tried The Face Shop mask sheets? What is your skincare routine?