After this review, I will be able to say that I have tried all of the masks from The Face Shop Real Nature mask range. There are around 14 masksheets in this range and here is a comprehensive post on The Face Shop face masks. I am also trying out their Hydrogel masks and unbleached cotton masks. I have reviewed all the other masks from the Real Nature mask range so here is the review for the finale!
Product: The Face Shop Real Nature Mask Pomegranate
Claim: A skin-radiating mask sheet containing pomegranate extracts to improve skin resilience and moisturization. It is rich in Vitamin B1 and B2 and gives elasticity and glossy look to the skin.
Quantity: 20 g
Price: 1000 KRW (~1$)
- Wash face and apply toner.
- Pull out the mask and carefully place it on the face.
- Remove after 10-12 minutes and tap lightly to absorb the remaining essence into the skin.
Check out my video where I talk about The Face Shop masksheets:
As I have mentioned in my previous posts, the Real Nature masksheets are bleached cotton mask sheets drenched in essence like the essence in the Pomegranate Real Nature mask has Pomegranate extracts. There are other skincare ingredients like Mung Bean extract, Sodium Hyaluronate (Sodium salt of Hyaluronic acid), Japanese White Birch extract and Yellow Dock root extract. These masks contain added fragrance and parabens.
The Face Shop Real Nature Pomegranate mask sheet is a bleached cotton masksheet and comes in individual packaging. The essence is very runny and has a fruity scent; it is also clear (colourless).
I applied this masksheet after cleansing and toning my skin at night (recommended to prep the skin before applying the mask) and then applied it. I kept it on for about 15 minutes and then pat the skin lightly after removing the mask to let it absorb quickly. I used the leftover essence in the masksheet over my neck and arms. My skin felt cool and refreshed.
When I woke up in the morning, my skin felt fresh and supple. The effect lasted for a day.
Review (Key points):
1. The fragrance is listed last in the ingredients list and I do think the mask is not heavily perfumed which is always a plus in my eyes for skincare products.
2. The other good thing is that Pomegranate (Punica Granatum) extract is fourth in the Ingredient list (after Aqua, Glycerin and Butylene Glycol).
3. Important ingredients: Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phaseolus Radiatus Extract (Mung bean), Betula Platyphylla Japonica Bark Extract (Japanese White Birch), Rumex Crispus Root extract (Curly/yellow dock)
The normal essence based bleached cotton masksheets are a good alternative to night cream bi-weekly but they do not give lasting results, not instantly at least. The Face Shop Real Nature masksheets are an affordable option to do a little extra for the skin every few days. I have personally liked the effect with the Hydrogel masks better than the bleached cotton masksheets!
Have you tried The Face Shop Pomegranate Real Nature mask? Which are your favorite masksheets?