Another day another face mask! I have been applying face mask every 2-3 days (as recommended) and my skin is less dry than it was in December. Each mask has a different effect and even though any noticeable difference comes after 5-6 uses, I keep rotating my face masks (because I have so many!). Recently I used The Face Shop Cucumber face mask and here are my thoughts from a single use of the mask.
(The facemask sheets are for one time use only. By single use of the mask means I used one cucumber mask)
Product: The Face Shop Cucumber Real Nature Mask
Claim: A deeply hydrating mask sheet containing cucumber extract to fill the skin with cool hydrating minerals.
- Wash face and apply toner.
- Pull out the mask and carefully place it on the face.
- Remove after 10-12 minutes and tap lightly to absorb the remaining essence into the skin.
(I have also done a comprehensive post on The Face Shop face masks, read it here)
I always apply my face masks just before going to sleep. I feel that (since I am insomniac and cannot go to sleep easily) the face masksheets help me relax. It can be the cooling effect of the mask. So despite having dry skin, I prefer using cooling masks than hydrating masksheets. So I like to buy Aloe, Cucumber, Green tea masks more than the Collagen, Hyaluronic Acid, Pearl mask sheets.
The Cucumber mask sheet is very cooling to the skin. I expected my skin to not get very moisturized (like with the Blueberry, Rice mask etc.) but still feel supple.
The first thing I noticed was the scent which again disappointed me. Cucumbers are so mellow, the mask was a little more scented (chemical-y types). It was at least 20% more water-y and cooling than the other face masksheets by The Face Shop though.
My skin felt very relaxed and I did sleep within 10 minutes of removing the mask. I think this masksheet will work great in summer time. Just for its cooling and refreshing properties, I will consider buying this again!
1. Cucumus Sativus (Cucumber) fruit extract is third in the Ingredient list (after Aqua, Glycerin).
2. Important ingredients: Sodium Hyaluronate, Phaseolus Radiatus Extract (Mung bean), Betula Platyphylla Japonica Bark Extract (Japanese White Birch), Rumex Crispus Root extract (Curly/yellow dock)
3. One of my least favorite thing about The Face Shop masksheets is that they contain parabens, fragrance 🙁
I would love applying such a cooling thing in summer when my skin is not as ‘parched’ and just need some moisture and cooling! I would have preferred a less scented masksheet but it is not nearly as bad as the Bamboo masksheet! I am going to use the Aloe masksheet next!
For more on The Face Shop masksheets, check out my Comprehensive post on ALL masksheets by The Face Shop. Or watch my video:
Also check out my haul post (I bought 20 masksheets in a day!)