Cherry Blossoms are gone 🙁 and summer is just around the corner but I am busy doing spring cleaning. Korea is a bit cold in march so I held on to a lot of winter clothes but now that the temperature is above 20 degrees Celsius, I am ready to let go of those clothes. I also decided to empty some makeup drawers! So here is what I am getting rid of (throwing away):
Note: All of the products mentioned below were bought before 31-December-2012 and manufactured before June 2012.
Products for makeup purge:
- Too Faced Glamour To Go II Palette (Year 2010)
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick – 18 Bois De Rose (Year 2010)
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick – 17 Rose tea (Year 2010)
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss duo – 08 Plum Divine, 27 Pink Kiss (Year 2010)
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Deluxe All Over Face Compact (blush/bronzer palette) (Year 2010)
- Estee Lauder Artist Eye Pencil – 08 Slate Writer (Year 2010)
- Bare Essentuals quick stick (Year 2010)
- Maybelline Pure Blush Mineral – 50 Opal Rose (Year 2010)
- Smashbox Eye Shadow Trio – Multi-Flash (Year 2010)
- L’Oreal Paris ColorAppeal – 219 Smoky Brown (Year 2010)
- Maybelline Color Sensational lip liner – 540 Hollywood Red (Year 2010)
- Elizabeth Arden Color Intrigue lipstick – 10 Copper Tan Shimmer (Year 2010)
- Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick – 118 Splendor Plum (Year 2011)
- Chanel Eclat Lumiere – 20 Beige Clair (Year 2011)
- Dior Serum de Rouge 580 Smoky Rose (Year 2011)
- Chanel Eyeshadow Quad 94 Reflets (Year 2011) [not featured in pic]
- Revlon Colorstay Aqua (2011)
- Chanel Stylo Long lasting eyeliner – 10 Ebene (Year 2011)
- The Body Shop Baked to Last Blush – 02 Coral (Year 2011)
- The Body Shop Tinted Glow Enhancer – 01 (Year 2011)
- Oriflame Beauty Smooth Definer – Blue (Year 2011)
- Chanel Illusion D’Ombre – 84 Eptant (Year 2011)
- Oriflame Beauty Wonder Lash Intense Mascara (Year 2012)
- Oriflame Giordani Gold Eye Pencil – Moss green (Year 2012)
- Oriflame Beauty Perfecting Face Primer (Year 2012)
- Oriflame Beauty Wonder Color Lipliner – Cream Chestnut (Year 2012)
- Oriflame Giordani Gold Ruby Lipstick – Tempting Coral (Year 2012)
- Oriflame Beauty Crystal Base and Top Coat (Year 2012)
Total – 27!
If you have been following this blog since its inception, you know my makeup collection was very modest when I started my blog (Read my makeup collection post). It was pretty average with a few key pieces and I still feel that most women keep their collection to that level unless they are beauty bloggers, makeup artists (or both) or makeup collectors. But once I started my blog, I bought a lot of things to try and experiment with. One of the main reasons I got so many products is that I was new to Korean brands so I had no idea where to start and where to stop! Of course because of so many options and sales, I got (a little?) carried away. Once you build a considerably collection (mine is not huge but above average), a lot of products gather dust in hidden corners while new products get all the attention.
I hate wasting stuff but it seems inevitable at this point as all makeup comes with an expiry date. And so for my spring cleaning spree, I have gathered everything (except 2 products) that I got before 31 December 2012. I know many products are not fully used up but I refuse to keep them and potentially damage my skin plus I have plenty of new things to try out and review for you guys! I have reviewed 98% of these products and you can read the reviews by searching in Search box in the sidebar!
I know for a fact this happens behind many beauty blogs but not everyone wants to be open about it. This is also a cue for me to start conducting regular BLOG SALES now since I will be able to send a relatively fresh product to someone who will put the product to better use rather than storing things for 2 years and throwing them away (like today) Of course Blog Sales will also cut costs as I buy everything with my own money!
The Shipping costs from South Korea to other countries is a bit high otherwise I want to conduct a blog sale already! There are a lot of products I plan on selling on my blog. Let me know if you are interested in something like that. I think selling the products in clusters will work better as it will cut shipping and other costs. Email me if you are interested in products I have featured in the recent past and we can discuss it further!