The Face Shop Real Nature Red Ginseng Mask Review
One of the souvenir suggestions from South Korea is Ginseng especially Red Ginseng. It is highly nutritious and works wonders for skin. I could not bring myself to consume Ginseng directly so to reap its benefits, I chose a face mask sheet from The Face Shop that contains Red Ginseng extracts. I used The Face Shop Real Nature Red Ginseng mask recently so here is the review for you!
Product: The Face Shop Real Nature Mask Red Ginseng
Claim: A highly nourishing & energizing mask sheet containing extract of Korean red ginseng rich in saponin, a supplement to care for tired skin.
Price: 1000 KRW (~ 1$) | Buy Online
- Wash face and apply toner.
- Pull out the mask and carefully place it on the face.
- Remove after 10-12 minutes and tap lightly to absorb the remaining essence into the skin.
Price: 1000 KRW
You may find my The Face Shop mask comparison video helpful:
After using the Bamboo face mask, I was afraid that I was not going to like the red ginseng face mask either. Fortunately, this one was way better than the bamboo one and equally good as the blueberry face mask.
This face mask is different from all of the Real Nature masks. It contains Cocoa extract in addition to the Japanese White Birch and Yellow Dock extracts. The color of the mask sheet is also a little bit brown because of the color of the essence in the mask sheet (which I think is because of the red ginseng).
This product is also not very scented and it is not overpowering (or bad like the bamboo one). I felt like my skin was very soft in the morning and it stayed hydrated even after a couple of days. The company also suggests to use these face masks 2-3 times a week so I think the major effect of the mask lasts for 2-3 days only. For reaping the actual benefits, probably buy a pack of Red Ginseng masks to use it regularly!
1. The fragrance is listed last in the ingredients list and I do think the mask is not heavily perfumed which is always a plus in my eyes for skincare.
2. Other important ingredients: Trehalose, Phaseolus Radiatus Extract (Mung bean), Betula Platyphylla Japonica Bark Extract (Japanese White Birch), Rumex Crispus Root extract (Curly/yellow dock), Theobroma Cacao Extract (Cocoa)
3. The Red Ginseng extract is seventh in the Ingredient list (after Aqua, Glycerin and Butylene Glycol, alcohol (denat.), trehalose, sodium hyaluronate). This face mask sheet contains parabens, fragrance
I have been applying face masks (specifically the Face Shop face masks from my ‘collection’) every 3 days and my skin is way softer and moisturized than it was last year this time (it still gets a bit dry but not as bad as last year)
I would suggest this face mask to people with normal to dry skin. It is a hydrating face mask and works really well in winter. I use sparingly face masks in summer (once a week or less) so I cannot comment on how effective or useful these are in summer but for the rest of the year especially winter they work well. Till now, I have really loved The Face Shop Mango Seed face mask, The Face Shop Blueberry Real nature Mask and The Face Shop Red Ginseng real nature face mask!