I am going for the Jindo Sea parting festival and by the time you read this post, I will be on my way to Jindo! It is a 1 night-2 day trip and I packed a few essentials which I thought I will share with you!
A simple succinct answer would be “Lots of samples”. But let’s overlook that and see what I like to use everyday or at least carry with me in hopes of using it!
What’s in my travel Makeup Bag?
Contents of my makeup bag:
- Hanskin Satin eyeshadow – Orange Gold
- Portable (small) eyelash curler
- Etude House Surprise Essence Concealer
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero-Smudge Lengthening Mascara – Black
- Maybelline Master Drama eyeliner – Black
- Nature Republic Botanical Eco Crayon Lip Rouge #6
- Nature Republic Botanical Eco Crayon Lip Rouge #8
- Etude House Precious Mineral Bright Fit BB cream (Natural Beige) Sample (in Isadora case)
- Etude House Nymph Aura Volumer – Sample (in Isadora case)
Clean & Clear lip balm – Shimmering Pink, Missha Love Secret Hand cream – Cotton White, The Body Shop wide tooth comb and a hair tie!
Since I will be doing my makeup only on Sunday morning, I am carrying everything for one time use. I just like to have options for lipstick so I am carrying 2 Nature Republic Botanical Eco Crayon Rouge. This makeup bag will stay with me (in my handbag) in the bus!
What’s in my travel Beauty bag?
Contents of my beauty bag:
- Skin79 Tea Tree Calming Mask Sheet
- Banila Co. Clean it Zero Cleansing Balm (travel size)
- Etude House Milky You Cleansing Foam (sample)
- Elastine Shampoo and Rinse (Conditioner) travel size combo
- 2 Dr. Bonners Pure Castile Soap – Sandalwood and Jasmine (sample)
- L’Occitane Ultra Rich Body Cream (sample)
- Labocare Oracle Multi Dry Oil (sample)
- The Body Shop Drops of Youth (sample)
- 2 Etude House Hello Raspberry and Cranberry Body Lotion
- Etude House Collagen Firming Eye Cream
- * 2 Mamonde Total Solution Moisture BB cream (Removed from the bag and replaced with Etude House Collagen Moistfull toner and emulsion trial kit)
I also like to carry my own Q tips and cotton pads in a small ziploc bag. And of course I have to have my travel mini toothbrush and toothpaste!
I always carry more skincare products than makeup because makeup is not essential in my opinion but skincare is! And if you have been following my blog for a while, you know I am skincare junkie anyway. I like to carry my own bar of soap (any cheap soap) in case there is no hand wash where we stay. I do not like to rely on hand sanitisers! From the time i moved to Korea, I have formed a habit of always carrying a face mask sheet (depending on the travel duration) so as to relax before going to sleep because I find it difficult to sleep in new beds 🙁
I will keep my makeup bag in my handbag and the beauty bag in my overnight bag. My essentials are basically hand cream, lip balm, hand sanitizer and sunscreen so all of these will also be in my purse. All the other bath and body products will be in the other bag.
I am in a habit of preparing thoroughly so I usually overpack and this time also I kept a few extra things which I am 99% sure I will not need. But I just like to be prepared and I hate not having something of my own when I need it. And since I am carrying samples and travel size bottles, it is not too bulky either.
PS – Totally forgot to include sunscreen, perfume and hand sanitiser. But I packed it before leaving. The sunscreen is Nature Republic UV Lock Daily Powerful Sun Cream (SPF50 PA+++), perfume is travel size Versace Yellow Diamond, and Missha Hand Sanitize gel.
What are your overnight makeup and skincare essentials?